Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hi and Welcome to My Blog


I am currently a 5th grade teacher in Washington State and my school is unique in the fact that we are the only one in the district that serves three languages, English, Spanish and Russian.  I have had the opportunity to teach bilingual students and classes, even though I am not technically bilingual. This has been a challenging last 5 years of my career, but I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet and teach so many great students of different cultures.  This coming year I will be teaching the only mainstream 5th grade class of 29 students so I know I will have my hands full, but look forward to the challenge.
I am also taking classes this summer that will help me reach my goal of earning my Master's degree in Integrating Technology in the Classroom. I hope to learn about many opportunities to help my district, school and students integrate technology into their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment